Welcome!

This is a simple blog of our simple country life. No added sugar, color or preservatives. :) Take a moment and reflect.....

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Plantin'

So yesterday turned out just as busy as any other day. I had to rush home to get this picture.
That's the guy planting our beans. He didn't want me to mention him. So I'm not going to say that he's a member of the family or that he's planting straight rows and that kind of stuff. He's just going to be known as the bean planter for now. lol.
I got lots of pictures of his equipment too. It was all so exciting. The planting was getting done and the hay was being baled all at the same time. I don't know why, but C.B. didn't wait for me to get home to start the baling. I mean, he knew I wanted to get his picture and that there was weather coming... he could have waited for me..  geez.

 By the time I got out there the only thing I saw was this:
Yep.. that's a big round bale. I think there was more than one but this is the only one I saw. Have you ever had one of those days when you felt like you had to be in 3 different places at once? That was definitely me. I didn't want to miss anything. So I raced out to the field again on the four wheeler because I was feeling left out.
There was planting going on you know.. there was even some visiting happening....
I think that some of the visiting turned into a discussion....
Even Waylon got in on the conversation. I think they were talking about the dirt. The ground and how things grow. About how deep to plant and how it was suppose to rain. Farmer stuff. They could have been talking about the kids and what was for supper. I was too far away to hear them. haha.
All in all it was a good day. The rain we got this morning is going to make those beans happy. I think C.B. was happy that everything was planted and the hay was finally all picked up. Mr. Bean planter has more to do though. He's a busy guy.
The Weather Service is calling for bad weather including tornadoes for our area today. How am I suppose to take a picture of all that? I'm usually the chicken that's hiding in the basement. For some reason though the last few storms I've been really brave. I'm going to get a picture of something this time. It might be of the floor because I drop the camera and run to the basement but then I'll have another story to tell .......................

No comments:

Post a Comment