Welcome!

This is a simple blog of our simple country life. No added sugar, color or preservatives. :) Take a moment and reflect.....

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Saturday Morning Coffee

There's nothing better than a lazy Saturday morning and a nice steaming cup of coffee to go with it. I like to sit on my porch in the morning and watch the steam roll around above my coffee cup. Unfortunately this morning that didn't happen. I could have tried it but I would have had cold coffee in a matter of seconds. Who likes cold coffee? It just doesn't have the same effect. It's.. well .. it's cold. Yuck!
Also, coffee just isn't the same by itself. It's meant to be paired with something. Something like this:
Chocolate chip cookies
When someone says, "Hey, want to go grab a cup of coffee?" I'm not always thinking about the coffee. I'm thinking... Hhmmm, what would we have with it?! It's the accompaniment that goes with everything.
Famous Nut Roll
This is the best thing ever to go with your cup of coffee. It's a Nut Roll from our local bakery. Now, you might be thinking so what? But I'm here to tell you that this is it. This is the best thing since sliced bread. Since the invention of the washing machine, since the pairing of driving and wearing sunglasses. Since the beginning of time, this has to be the number one best thing ever invented to go with a cup of coffee! Coffee empires count on something like this to make them complete.
Grandpa Ray
This was my donut delivery dude this morning. (sorry, the kid's are rubbing off on me!) There was a lot of visiting, laughing and joking going on around here during coffee drinking time. The donuts made it complete.
Yum!

See the cinnamon swirl inside? Buddy the Elf would have been a whole different Elf if he would have known about these! I tried to make the coffee and donut last as long as I could...
I just couldn't help myself. As my donut got smaller the stories being told around the table got bigger. Is there some sort of connection here? I think I even felt my waistline expand. I know it wasn't from the laughing, talking and coffee. It just couldn't be. It's a good thing this doesn't happen every Saturday morning. I would have to make my coffee divorce it's accompaniment a.s.a.p. It adds up... it adds up I tell you.
Coffee is great. Coffee is the life blood that fuels the dreams of champions. I heard that in a movie once. It's true. Coffee's other accompaniment is good too. Friends and family are the best accompaniments of all. I mean really, what's a cup of coffee all by itself?

No comments:

Post a Comment