Welcome!

This is a simple blog of our simple country life. No added sugar, color or preservatives. :) Take a moment and reflect.....

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rain

What a great rainy day in Kansas. Everything is sure going to be green now. The garden was thirsty. My yard had cracks in it already. Smiling for the rain! It's really coming down now. I won't be smiling long... because it makes me sleepy! What is it about the rain hitting the metal roof that does it to me?
Just look at that.. it makes my eyes droop. Where's my cup of coffee? I need some. I think I'll curl up with that cup of coffee and listen to the rain for just a bit.
It's drippy out. It makes me feel like a drip too. Maybe if I take a nap I'll be re-energized just like everything will be outside after this rain. I don't know, that would require the gumption to do something and I just don't have any right now. It's a perfect day to do a little baking. I think I'll try that later.
I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the rain for a bit. It won't last too long. The day will be busy all the same. I think I just saw the grass growing. That bird just got bigger too. I know the beans are. The garden looks great. It might be a bad hair day though. Oh well, enjoy your rainy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment